Are you looking for a software that will improve your productivity? SharePoint Are you looking for a way to communicate at your firm?
You might want to take a closer look at it. This will help to make sure you invest in the right platform.
Is there a good choice for your business? Will you make the correct investment?
We will show you how to make the right decision.
What is SharePoint?
Customer-oriented web-based platform, Microsoft SharePoint Online. It has an integration with Microsoft Office for storing and sharing files. The It is a document management system.
It is possible to coordinate and communicate in a secure workspace with the help of microsoft office. You can build tasks, track schedules and get details about the projects.
The method to use SharePoint:
- Go to microsoft365 as admin and choose the apps in the menu.
- Click on the create site if you want to choose a Page.
- The team site has to be selected.
- The design of your website will match your needs.
- The correct details include name and description.
- Click on Finish to finish the setup.
Why are SharePoint document libraries vital?
“They are a space for your members lists. It’s possible to have a separate library for every client, internal department, and partner of your choice. The users have access to the documents once they click on the library.”
The best way to use the document library is by using the following method.
- You can choose the documents in the left-vertical pane.
- If you want to add new items, choose New. In the current library folder, you can drag and drop files.
- The app will open the Microsoft Office file.
- Modern web apps allow you to change the file with other people. You can check out a file and stop other people from working on it at the same time.
What is the purpose of SharePoint?
1. SharePoint Lists
You can manage the information using sharepoint lists and libraries. SharePoint lists are similar to spreadsheets that consist of rows and columns. It is available to users after concurrent access to avoid any hassle in the data.
The web-based features of the project management system make it easy to create, update, and remove items from a list.
2. SharePoint Workflows
There is a set of decisions and tasks that give you the outcomes. They are similar to the automated application that handles the execution of business processes. If you want to save time and effort, you can use a set of templates in SharePoint. Consistency and efficiency will be gained from this.
There are different roles in the system.
- Creator: The person who will create the template of workflow.
- Author: The person who will configure the workflow of your organization using a workflow template.
- Initiator: This person will start a new workflow instance for a list item or document. They have permission to terminate the workflow if needed.
- Participant: This individual performs the task associated with the workflow
3. SharePoint Search
Users can enter and execute search queries using this feature. The recent website is where the scope of search is. When the query is processed, the search application returns search results that match the query.
Links to libraries, lists, sites, documents, or web pages might be found in search results. Permissions, previous searches, and the context in responding to your queries are needed by the search engine. If you add words to the search query box, it will return solutions.
4. SharePoint Libraries
“The host can use it to store, group, modify, filter, and capture vital data about the content stored. The library can be used to store the data’s content to enhance search and analysis.”
A library allows the members to manage, create, collect, and update files collaboratively. One of the many benefits of SharePoint is that you also get access to a great number of default libraries for specific purposes. You get the freedom to use default library apps to build new libraries.
5. SharePoint Project Site
This template has a lot of components that are related to project management.
- There is a summary of the project.
- It is a task timeline.
- A task list.
- A calendar.
- A document library.
- Features of built-in task management.
“It’s convenient to handle tasks and projects hassle-free through this method.”
What are the pros and cons of SharePoint?
Pros of SharePoint
- Many Features: It has a diverse set of features like task management, document management, security information, and asset library. This gives your organization a seamless experience in sharing, managing, and storing information in the digital world.
- Office 365 Integration: Office 365 products work seamlessly with SharePoint. Your organization can leverage all products and connect them with SharePoint.
- Integration: There are great exclusive functionalities with SharePoint. You can also integrate extensions with existing businesses, including CRM and ERM. This will make it easier for organizations to get access to information.
- Customization: Many organizations are choosing SharePoint as it can be molded to meet various business requirements. It gives you different types of enterprise solutions, intranets, portals, collaborative workspaces, and more.
- Reliability: With Microsoft support, you can rely upon solutions during setup, installation, and more. They will provide answers to the technical problems you come across in SharePoint.
- Collaboration: SharePoint aims to increase employee participation if used properly. You can use it as a central hub for messages, video chat, schedule meetings, and other productivity tools.
- Data Security: Microsoft SharePoint online has advanced level protection. The data transmissions are protected using the best encryption method. There is two-factor authentication to identify the correct users.
Cons of SharePoint
- Less Control: Once you move to cloud services, you get control of the front-end and could disrupt your business requirements.
- Increases Bandwidth: It is a slow and painful experience after migrating with Office 365 and may increase your bandwidth.
- Extra Development Efforts: Consider the additional time, issues, and cost required in case of integration. This might affect the productivity of the employees.
- Extensive Features are complicated: With a wide range of SharePoint features and benefits, you get confused. It consumes more time to invest in tailoring the perfect features and functions.
The Last Takeaway!
“The pros and cons of SharePoint have been given to you. It’s perfect for businesses that need team collaboration for projects.”